Wednesday 21 August 2013

Updates


Dear all,

Or everyone. Or people. Or humans. Or maybe not humans. I don't quite know who all read this little blog and I'm not entirely certain that the population of the Earth is 100% comprised of humans, so, this is me addressing all biotic and abiotic organisms and lovely creatures, human, non-human and in-between.

I'm sorry.

*ducks for cover to avoid any missiles being chucked at my head*

Yes, I realize that I haven't posted here since what now feels like the dawn of time, but in defense, I have the poor, paltry little excuse of having been otherwise occupied.


Yeah, you're right. That's a pathetic excuse.

But yes, there have been other things going on. I've recently graduated from college.


Yeah. So that's a great big half-a-decade-long chapter of my life closed. And what an adventure it had been. It's been two months since then and most of my friends have either gone for further studies or are traveling or have started working.

While they have been out living their lives, I have been living on word processors. I have been writing and writing like tomorrow may never come and how! Side effects of such practices include me becoming a quasi-hermit. I have been a hobbit in my little hobbit hole, a wee little hermit in my wee little cave.



In other news, I am going to be in conversation with an editor for my larger writing work. I completed my manuscript for the first book in my fantasy series. It's a pretty big manuscript and if all goes well, it'll end up a pretty big book. For all you people who like to read epic fantasy, please do stay tuned because until the book is released, I will occasionally be releasing little updates and concept art.



Right now, I'm working on another little writing project along with the sequel to above mentioned manuscript while getting to work on preliminary edits. Along with that, I'm trying my hand out at cartography to attempt to draw up some maps for said book. And every time I didn't pay attention in geography class or prayed to get lucky on a map marking test is all coming round to bite me in the bum now. *sigh* With that, I'm hunting for a day job.

Oh, and 'The Hatter's Wife' has been taken off because it was entered in a magazine called Helter Skelter where it will be published in the September Issue. I'll put a note out for all you wonderful folks once it's up.

Therefore, in the meantime, since I don't really have any new stories for you, I decided to try a different tack. As I promised, I will give you all some tidbits of news on my upcoming book as progress moves along. Along with that, I'll put up something new.

You see, I've done a lot of globe-trotting and ever since I was a wee lil lass, I've had the habit of writing travel journals. You know, just a recording of things happening  with a touch of my own personal flair. So, I figured, why not share my little experiences? I'll start off with a week long trip I took a few months ago. Technically, it was a work trip for my college thesis and I was traveling for case studies, but this was the first trip I ever took on my own, so it made recording it more interesting. Anyhoo, here it is.

Alrighty then. Back to work it is.

And again, sorry. *hides under table*

frog's legs,
Lil' Ol' Me

No comments:

Post a Comment